Sunday, November 16, 2008

For many years I have found great comfort in volunteering in a classroom.
I enjoy the energy of the students and understand the importance of extending a compassionate hand to others. I have had the opportunity to witness first hand the dedication of teachers who help guide the learning process for many of the children.
These simple observations have created a desire in me to listen and stay true to my inner voice—I desire to be an amazing teacher~

I believe that every child is a gift from God, and that the gifts a child brings to a classroom can be opened exposing often unknown talents. I desire to help students succeed from day one in the classroom with active presentations, student centered discussions and with creative activities. As the school year unfolds, I want to nurture learning, and activate material content for all individual learning styles.A classroom should provide a safe journey for each student to gain knowledge, set and reach goals and allow each student a chance to show their individuality. I strive to provide an environment for all students that feels safe, is caring, well-structured, and fair- an environment with clear expectations and free of unfairness or bullying

I want to continually provide activities that build social skills and learning opportunities so that students can link classroom learning to real life experiences.Although students come in different sizes and shapes, each is skilled with sensory abilities and capable of learning naturally through experiences. As a teacher, I need to remember that students enter the classroom with preconceived ideas, and sometimes with emotional baggage.
I want to provide a warm and inviting classroom environment offering an opportunity for each student to learn- this begins when they walk through the door. In the bible it says:

Therefore encourage each other with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:18

I desire to be that extraordinary teacher with my words that celebrates learning and provides experiences that meet the needs of all students in a safe Christian environment.
I want to be able to say that I too learned from each group of students from what they shared and that the time spent with them was extraordinary because of what they taught me.

No comments: